Tips on Leaky Gut Diet
You must have done researches online about leaky gut syndrome or LGS. It is a fact that the best way to treat the syndrome is by having a leaky gut diet. This kind of diet will aid in the healing of your gut.
Leaky gut diet was introduced to many LGS sufferers after they found out that the best treatment approach to leaky gut is through proper nutrition. After all, the pill your doctor prescribed doesn’t cure your symptoms or if it does after which, another more severe symptoms will spring up.
Leaky gut syndrome is a chronic debilitating condition that resulted from poor diet. The foods that you eat cause irritation to your intestinal lining. If not dealt with properly these symptoms will continuously show and worsen over time. I’m sure you are anxiously researching about leaky gut diet and its beneficial effects on your condition.
One thing is for sure, your queries and confusion about the foods included in the leaky gut diet must be cleared off! Here are some tips for you to ponder while on your path to healing from leaky gut syndrome.
What must you eat? No need to worry it is a pretty good ride of knowledge along the way. Leaky gut diet focuses on foods that are easily digested.
- Cook fresh lean meats. You can eat your lean meat such as steaks and chicken. Animal meat is a must in leaky gut diet but processed and preserved meats must be avoided because they contain lots of additives and preservatives that are harmful to your already severed gut. Meat products contain proteins that you need for healing and tissue repairs. You just need to do some more researches on how to deliciously prepare these foods in a gut-friendly manner. You can many different recipes on how to prepare these palatable dishes.
- Cook your vegetables. Your fresh vegetables must be properly, thoroughly cooked. The uncooked, raw vegetables are hard to digest. Your intestinal functions are impaired and cooking your vegetables will aid in easy digestion. Vegetable fibers are helpful in cleansing the digestive tract thus your intestine can replenish and repair itself. Cabbage, broccoli and cauliflower are the more common detoxifying vegetables you just need in the leaky gut diet.
- Essential fatty acids. It is recommended that you add to your leaky gut diet omega 3 fatty acids. These are important to regain back the strength of your immune system to fight infection and other LGS symptoms. Food sources of omega 3 are fish, fish oils, wild salmons, avocados, pumpkin seeds, cauliflower, and flax seeds are to name a few.
- Probiotics and yogurt in your diet. Probiotics contain intestinal bacteria such as Lactobacillus acidophilus, Bifidobacerium bifidum, and bifidobacterium longum. These are good bacteria that will be needed by your healing gut. Another important in your leaky gut diet is eating a plain low fat yogurt, the dairy product that is allowed in a leaky gut diet.
- Antimicrobials food. These foods will be helpful to fight bad bacteria in your small intestines. You can include in your leaky gut diet onions, raw garlic, leeks, hot chilli and mustard. It is best to get it from natural foods than those synthetically made antibiotics and NSAIDs (Non-steroidal anti-inflammatory drugs) that also contribute to abnormal growth of intestinal flora.
Foods that must not be included in your leaky gut diet which are believed to cause more harm to your gut’s lining than giving you proper nutrition.
- Fermented foods. The yeasts in your intestines thrive in fermented foods; remember that one of the causes of LGS is overgrowth of yeast and other bad bacteria. Fermented and fungal food products contain yeast and must be avoided. These include alcohol, wine, vinegars, mushrooms and cheese.
- Processed meats. They contain many additives, preservatives and lots of fillers which re unhealthy and harmful to your body. Try to stick with eating lean and fresh meat.
- Simple and refined carbohydrates. Yeasts do thrive too in simple sugar and in all other sugars that is why these foods must also be avoided. Foods include pasta, honey, molasses, white bread, baked goods, and junk foods. Gluten intolerance is just a symptom that you want to go away. These foods too don’t contain nutritional value. But less your worries because there can be many other healthy and natural desserts available for many leaky gut sufferers in a leaky gut diet.
It is difficult to make changes in your diet, especially if it is made drastically but the aim is for speed up of your recovery and achieve a healthy body. But you must remember that taking these changes in your eating habits must be accompanied with taking health supplements regularly to help boost your immune system. This can be a rewarding deed in the end by making you free from leaky gut.